Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Showdown Wk 1: Kyendwarrior's take

The Original post here

So I guess I'm up first to bat eh? ;)

My choice: PRINT books

There are pros and cons of both, but nothing beats the smell of ink and paper and the feel of that solid book in your hands.  And is it just me or does that world inside your head when you're reading feel different when you read an e-book?  The world seems more... techno (LOL) regardless of the type of fiction it is.

Might just be a "me" thing though xD.

E-books may be instant, but not everything that's instant is good for you (instant ramen, anyone?).  I think it's totally worth the wait for the book to come in the mail or hand pick it directly from the library or the book store.  There's something about that first meeting where you know from the feel of the book (soft, bumpy, shiny, thick) that it's just going to click with you.  Reading on a Kindle or a Nook... eh not so much.  It's also harder to gauge how much the longer there is to the book until it ends (esp when you're really into the book  and don't want to take that loooong second to tap the screen).  I like knowing how many pages I have till it ends because it tells me a lot about the direction the book's going to take.   A girl likes to have some warning (even if it's just a vague feeling!) before a Rickhanger cliffhanger wrenches your heart and stomps on it with high heels. ;)

So there you have it! Not exactly a "fight to the death" argument because I am guilty of reading e-books myself. xD  But in the grand scheme of things, nothing replaces good ole' paperbacks!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment