Sunday, April 27, 2014

Best Character Death EVER

Here lies Brom
Who was
A Rider bonded to the dragon Saphira
Son of Holcomb and Nelda
Beloved of Selena
Father of Eragon Shadeslayer
Founder of the Varden
And Bane of the Forsworn.
May his name live on in glory.
Stydja unin mor'ranr.


This was what was written on Brom's tombstone made out of diamond because Saphira, Eragon's DRAGON, made it out of her fire and Eragon, his magic. What made this death so amazing was that Eragon got to learn the significance of who Brom was years later. Brom....SPOILER!!!!!!!!...was Eragon's father.
A time came when Eragon found out that Brom was his Father. This part was gut-renching to read and made me cry...it took me a while to get through to reading the while section. I didn't cry for Brom's death...I cried when Eragon found out who Brom was and what his life was like. When I realized who BROM really was...I finally understood the meaning of his death and how much it would effect the main character and me later on. This book character death...other than Snape in Harry Potter, was truly was the mark or line where I set all my standards to. If I ever read a death in a book...it has to move me like Brom's death...or it won't really effect me and truly, I wont look at it with another glance. 

-ZAHRA BANGASH

No comments:

Post a Comment